Terms of Trade
Terms of Trade
Terms and Conditions
- 'We' means Dowdeswell's Delphiniums (2016) Ltd (company number 618 2028) trading as Dowdeswell's Delphiniums. We are a 100% owned, New Zealand based company.
- We try to conduct business as fairly as possible. We want our customers to be satisfied, to enjoy the results of our seed and to get value for money. We would like users of this site to be fair and reasonable in return and to respect our intellectual property.
- Acceptance of our terms and conditions will be implied from you completing a purchase from our store.
- Seed is sold for all our seedlines in packets of 10, 25 and 50 seeds and for our wholesale customers in grams or larger quantities of multiples of 250 seeds (eg 250, 500 or 1000 seeds).
- We guarantee that you will receive a minimum of 10, 25 or 50 seeds per packet. You will most likely receive more.
- Wholesale quantities above 250 seeds are measured on a weight basis. We count 250 seeds, weigh those and then times that by the multiple to reach a total weight. We will then add a little extra to ensure that you receive at least the weight of seed multiple that you have paid for.
- Prices are given in New Zealand Dollars.
- Photographs are representative of the flowers grown from our seedlines and are intended as a guide only. There may be some discrepancy between the photo and the plants grown, because of natural genetic diversity, but we take care to only offer seedlines that are true to form and have passed our in-house testing program.
- We carry out an inhouse testing program to ensure that all our seed will germinate above 76%. This is a minimum germination rate that we will sell our seed for and most of our seed germinates well above that rate.
- Orders are taken on a first come, first served basis.
- Seeds are transported by airmail, enclosed in protective wrap. We do not accept any claims for loss or damage in transit, as this is beyond our control.
- Packages may be insured at the buyers request and cost and seeds may be sent by international courier following agreement with you.
- Your personal information on our site is secure. All information entered on the order forms is encrypted with “Secure Sockets Layer”. This encrypts or scrambles information sent from your browser to your ISP and this makes it a perfectly safe way to send confidential details online. An authentic, verified SSL Digital Security Logo is displayed on each order form. You will also see the padlock in the status bar confirming that SSL encryption is in place and that your information is being sent safely from our order form.
- Your privacy is important to us. We will not hand over or sell your information to third parties (unless required by law).
- When ordering you will be given the option of receiving a yearly email about our products. You may opt out of this if you choose.
- We aim to dispatch all seed orders within 48 hours unless you have ordered lines marked as being available later.
- Unless you have chosen to use an international courier, delivery times are governed by the speed of the various postal services around the world. Their targets are generally for delivery within 2 weeks - however we have found that orders to Russia can take up to 2 months to be received and orders to USA have taken up to 4 weeks to be received.
Our Guarantee and Replacement Policy
- We are proud of our delphiniums and believe them to be the very best garden delphiniums commercially available anywhere.
- Best practice is followed from the plant right through to dispatch. Our plants do however need a little special care from you and we have taken measures to ensure your success by providing you with cultivation notes.
- We regularly test our seed for germination, both in house and independently and expect that, if our storing, sowing and growing instructions available on our website are followed, you should produce at least 50 good plants per 100 seeds ordered. If you do not, then please let us know. We will replace the seed in question and/or assist in finding out where the problem lies. We take special care in helping you grow these plants and any complaints you may have will be treated politely, promptly and with respect.
- We cannot however absolutely guarantee your success as this may depend on factors beyond our control.
- The seed should be generally true to type as advertised although some colour variation should be expected.
- Our seed is cleaned to comply with and to better international phytosanitary requirements for delphinium seed.
- Our liability is limited to the purchase price of the seed only.
- We reserve our right to refund or replace any seed, at our discretion.
Use of our seed
- Our seed is sold for the purpose of growing plants that will ultimately reach the home gardener. The use of our seed for the production of more seed for sale is not permitted unless by prior written agreement with us.
- All content and images on this site is subject to our copyright policy.This means that:
- Images and content may be downloaded for personal use only.
- The use of any image on this site for commercial purposes requires written permission from us. This may be granted for specific purposes. New permission is required for subsequent uses.
- All written material, except for these terms and conditions is copyright to Dowdeswell’s Delphiniums (2016) Ltd and must not be published without prior written consent.
- The use of our brand name or names, variety names or seedline names in association with delphinium seeds other than our own will be viewed as a breach of our copyright, trade marks and plant variety rights, as applicable.